e-mail this site
Introduction - How to Follow a Low-Sodium Diet
Note that while this module concentrates on following a low-sodium diet, other nutritional issues may be of concern to you as well. For example, everyone should watch the amount of fat they eat.
Also, if you have diabetes, you should watch the amount of sugar you eat. These issues are discussed in more detail in Module 8: Lifestyle Changes.
This module provides information on:
- How to follow a low-sodium diet.
- The sodium content of selected foods and condiments.
- Substitutes for high-sodium foods and condiments.
- Reduce your sodium intake.
- Cook meals with low-sodium foods.
- Make good choices when you eat in a restaurant.