e-mail this site
Introduction - Heart Failure Medicines
Medicines are important in the treatment of heart failure. Research shows that heart failure medicines can help stabilize your heart function. They can also help you:
- Live longer.
- Have fewer symptoms.
- Breathe more easily.
- Have more energy.
- Increase your activity level.
- Have less swelling.
- Stay out of the hospital.
This module provides information on:
- The main types of medicines used for heart failure.
- Common side effects of heart failure medicines.
- Other medicines used to treat heart failure.
It will help you learn about:
- What heart failure medicines do.
- Why it is important to take all of your medicines regularly.
- How to manage common side effects of your medicines.