e-mail this site
Following Your Treatment PlanYour doctor or nurse will develop a treatment plan that is right for you. Your plan may include recommendations to:
- Take your medicines exactly as directed.
- Weigh yourself every day to see if you are retaining fluid.
- Follow a low-sodium diet.
- Monitor your symptoms every day.
- Avoid alcohol or drink sparingly (less than 2-3 standard drinks/week).*
- Get vaccinations such as flu shots routinely.
- Control your body weight if you are overweight or have diabetes.
- Get regular physical activity.
- Quit smoking cigarettes and cigars if you smoke.
- Learn when to consult your doctor or nurse.
- Make following your treatment plan a permanent part of your life.