e-mail this site
How Can I Learn To Live With Heart Failure?
If you have been diagnosed with heart failure, there are many things that you can do to help yourself.
These activities include:
- Limiting your intake of salt is very important and you should learn what prepared foods have large amounts of salt.
- It is important for you to weigh yourself each day and contact your healthcare provider if your weight changes significantly.
- Exercising at levels recommended by your physician is of great importance in keeping you fit and well.
- Taking your medications is also beneficial.
- It is important for you to maintain frequent visits to your physician and notify him or her if there are any changes in your symptoms.
- It is essential that both you and your family understand what heart failure is, what the symptoms are, what you should do if your symptoms change and how your doctor treats this disease. These questions can be answered by your doctor, health practitioners or nurses who work in your doctor's office.